Vehicle Compliance & Analysis
|TO: Mercedes-Benz Dealer Principals, General Managers, Sales Managers, Service Managers, Parts Managers||FROM: Gregory Gunther, Department Manager, Vehicle Compliance and Analysis, Engineering Services|
|RE: Emission Modification Notification – []
GLK BlueTEC 4MATIC Update – Emission Modification Category (EMC) #9
MY 14-15 GLK250 BlueTEC 4MATIC (X204) vehicles
|DATE: May 27, 2022|
IMPORTANT EMISSION MODIFICATION NOTIFICATION
Attention Dealership Management
- Please ensure that every dealership associate is aware of this Emission Modification notification, and that customer facing associates provide transparent information to Customers.
- Refer to VMI in NetStar to determine which units in your inventory are affected by this Emission Modification. This notification hereby instructs Dealers not to sell or cause to be sold, or lease or cause to be leased, or introduce into commerce, or export from the United States to another country, any vehicle covered by this notification, unless it has received the Approved Emission Modification described in this notification. Failure to adhere to these instructions may result in possible penalties or fines.
- Run a VMI check on all vehicles brought into your Service Department to determine if they are affected by any service campaign or recall and perform accordingly.
- Always act with the principles of Customer Experience in mind.
- Refer to the work instructions and ensure each step in the defined process is followed exactly as described. Steps such as affixing the vehicle label and correctly filling out the vehicle label must be adhered to. Failure to adhere to these instructions may result in possible penalties or fines.
- Ensure your warranty administrator submits warranty claims for this Emission Modification in a timely manner. Extended warranty applicability stated herein is automatically enabled once the Approved Emission Modification is completed and the warranty claim is processed.
- A proposed class action settlement has been filed that provides compensation to customers who receive the Emission Modification and meet certain other requirements. To receive such compensation, class members will need to submit (among other things) copies of their Repair Order showing proof that the Emission Modification was installed and (if any) proof of transportation expenses incurred to receive the Emission Modification—up to $35—in the event that a loaner, shuttle, or alternative transportation cannot be arranged by your dealership. Please remind customers to save this documentation.
- Customers should not be given information about the Emission Modification or the class settlement that deviates from, or is in addition to, what is in authorized communications reflected in this NCU or the official websites: https://www.mbbluetecsettlement.com/ and https://bluetecupdate.mbusa.com/home. Failure to adhere to this instruction could threaten final implementation of the settlement and may result in possible penalties.
Other than the benefits class members can claim through the class action settlement process, customers cannot be offered any compensation in exchange for receiving the Emission Modification. Failure to adhere to this instruction may result in possible penalties. (At their discretion and on a case-by-case basis, Dealers can continue to offer customers goodwill for other reasons consistent with normal business practices and policies, but additional compensation in exchange for receiving the Emissions Modification is prohibited.)
Information for Customers:
- For information related to this specific Emission Modification, Customers can refer to: https://BlueTecUpdate.mbusa.com
- For information related to the proposed class action settlement, Customers can refer to:
- Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center: 1-833-841-9362
Please note that all customer inquiries should be directed to the Customer Assistance Center at 1-833-841-9362.
Department Manager, Vehicle Compliance & Analysis
|Emission Modification Notification||March 24, 2021|
|Campaign No.:||EMC#||Campaign Desc. :||BlueTEC Update – GLK (X204)|
|This is to notify you of an Emission Modification Notification to update the emissions control system on approximately 7734 Model Year (“MY”) 2014-2015 GLK250 BlueTEC 4MATIC (X204) diesel vehicles. Emission Modification information will be visible on the https://BlueTecUpdate.mbusa.com website and may generate questions from Owners and Lessees. Affected VINs will be flagged in VMI as “OPEN” on March 24, 2021.|
|Issue||Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (“MBUSA”) is modifying the emissions control system on certain diesel vehicles. The Emission Modification for MY14-15 GLK250 BlueTEC 4MATIC (X204) vehicles has been approved by EPA and CARB, and is now ready for installation. An authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer will install the Emission Modification at no cost to the Owner/Lessee.|
|What We’re Doing||An authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer will replace certain emissions control system components and update certain software in eligible vehicles.|
|Parts||An initial supply of parts will be pushed to all dealers 1/11/21. Additional parts are available to order as necessary.|
|Vehicle Model Year(s)||MY 2014-2015|
|Vehicle Model||GLK250 BlueTEC 4MATIC (X204)|
|Total Campaign Population||7734|
|Total Customer Vehicles in Campaign||7734|
|Customer Notification Timeline||Customer letters will be mailed on March 30th, 2021.|
|AOMS/SOMS||This Emission Modification Notification may initiate questions from customers and the media. Please ensure your Dealers have read and understand this notice.|
|While we regret any inconvenience this may cause, MBUSA is determined to maintain a high level of vehicle quality and customer satisfaction. Please refer all customer inquiries to the Customer Assistance Center at 1-833-841-9362.|
What is the reason for this Emission Modification?
On March 9, 2021, Daimler AG (“DAG”) and Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (“MBUSA”) reached a settlement with the
United States Department of Justice (“DOJ”), the Environmental Protection Agency (“EPA”), the California Air Resources Board (“CARB”), and the California Attorney General’s Office (“CA AG”) regarding the emission control system in MY09 to MY16 OM642 and OM651 BlueTEC II diesel vehicles sold or leased in the US. As part of this settlement, MBUSA is offering eligible Owners and Lessees a modification to the vehicles’ emission control system, referred to as an Emission Modification.
Eligible vehicles and vehicle model years have been separated into Emission Modification Categories (“EMCs”) to facilitate the Emission Modification Program. Each EMC will be launched in phases, and MBUSA will notify authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealers after agency approval of each Emission Modification. Please refer to our public website https://BlueTecUpdate.mbusa.com for more information on your particular vehicle.
What is an “EMC”?
To facilitate the Emission Modifications on the subject vehicle population, the vehicle models and model years have been separated into Emission Modification Categories.
What are the eligible vehicles that will receive an Emission Modification under this settlement?
This settlement pertains specifically to MY09 to MY16 BlueTEC II diesel vehicles with OM642 and OM651 engines sold or leased in the US. For more information, please visit https://BlueTecUpdate.mbusa.com.
How will the Emission Modification be communicated to Owners and Lessees in the US?
Owners/Lessees will first receive a letter in the mail indicating that the Emission Modification is available for their vehicle and inviting them to schedule an appointment with their preferred authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer.
How do Owners and Lessees find out whether their vehicle is affected by the Emission Modification Campaign?
Owners and Lessees with affected vehicles will be mailed a notification letter when the Emission Modification is available. Owners and Lessees can also check if their vehicle is affected by entering their VIN into the following site: https://BlueTecUpdate.mbusa.com.
All vehicles covered by the Emission Modification Program also are covered by the proposed class action settlement described herein.
Owners and Lessees might complain about a Check Engine light; will the Dealer repair the vehicle as part of the emissions update?
Can an Owner or Lessee get a loaner vehicle or alternate transportation while the Emission Modification is being performed?
Where loaner vehicles are available, Dealers are requested to offer loaner vehicles to each Eligible Owner and Eligible Lessee at no cost where the implementation of the Approved Emission Modification will take 3 hours or longer to complete.
In an instance where the Approved Emission Modification takes 3 hours or longer to complete, and where the Dealer does not make available a loaner car or offer a shuttle service or alternative transportation, Class Members will be eligible to submit a claim for transportation costs of up to $35 along with their claims for other settlement compensation. For more information on the transportation allowance, customers should visit the class action settlement website at www.mbbluetecsettlement.com, and should be reminded to save their receipts.
What is Mercedes-Benz going to do for Owners and Lessees given this inconvenience?
Dealers will attempt to minimize any inconvenience during the Emission Modification process. Should Owners or Lessees experience an excessive delay with the Emission Modification of their vehicle, they can contact our Customer Assistance Center at 1-833-841-9362.
As part of the proposed consumer class action resolution, current owners and lessees of eligible vehicles who go to authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealers, have an Approved Emission Modification installed, and meet certain other requirements will be eligible to claim a payment of up to $3,590. For more information on eligibility and the process for filing a claim, customers should call the number above or visit the class action settlement website at www.mbbluetecsettlement.com.
Other than the benefits that class members can claim through the class action settlement process, customers cannot be offered any compensation in exchange for receiving the Emission Modification. Failure to adhere to this instruction may result in possible penalties. At their discretion and on a case-by-case basis, Dealers can continue to offer customers goodwill for other reasons consistent with normal business practices and policies, but additional compensation in exchange for receiving the Emission Modification is prohibited.
Where can an Owner or Lessee have the Emission Modification work completed?
Owners and Lessees will be asked to contact their local preferred authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer to arrange for an appointment to complete the FREE Emission Modification.
Can Owners and Lessees have the Emission Modification performed if they did not receive a Notification Letter in the mail but own a Mercedes-Benz BlueTEC diesel vehicle?
Owners and Lessees should first check the eligibility and status of their vehicle by visiting https://BlueTecUpdate.mbusa.com. To be automatically alerted when the Emission Modification is available for their vehicle, Owners and Lessees are being asked to complete the “Keep me Updated” section of the website after entering their VIN to check the status.
Do Owners and Lessees have to wait for the notification letter in the mail before their vehicle can receive the Emissions Modification?
Owners and Lessees do not need to present a copy of the notification letter to receive the FREE Emission Modification, but they should wait to bring their vehicle in for the Emission Modification until they receive notice that the Emission Modification has been launched for their specific vehicle model. The Emission Modifications will be launched in phases, pending agency approval, so the Emission Modifications for all of the subject vehicle models (all MY09 to MY16 BlueTEC II diesel vehicles with OM642 and OM651 engines sold or leased in the US) will not be launched at the same time. Once the Emission Modification has been approved for a particular vehicle type, Owners and Lessees will be sent a letter asking them to schedule an appointment with their authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer to perform the FREE Emission Modification.
Do Owners or Lessees need the Owner/Lessee notification letter to have the Emission Modification performed?
No, Owners and Lessees with eligible vehicles do not need the notification letter to have the FREE Emission Modification completed. Local authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealers can check the eligibility and status of vehicles without the letter.
What about Owners or Lessees who request that the Emission Modification be performed without first receiving a letter?
No Emission Modification can be performed until EPA and CARB approve the Emission Modification for the specific model. Similarly, the affected VIN must be flagged as “OPEN” in VMI with the respective Emission Modification campaign number for the modification to be performed.
When will parts be available?
Parts are currently available for the Emission Modifications which have been approved by EPA and CARB. We will provide updates as parts become available for other vehicle models.
Regarding all other future vehicle categories, MBUSA is working with EPA and CARB to obtain approvals for the Emission Modification. MBUSA will notify Dealers upon approval of each Emission Modification that the Emission Modification has become available.
Are there any known vehicle symptoms associated with the Emission Modification that Owners or Lessees will notice that should lead them to stop driving or take their vehicle to a Dealer? No. There are no symptoms related to the Emission Modification.
What is the expected impact on an Owner’s or Lessee’s vehicle after the Emission Modification has been performed?
Details on the impact to vehicles are provided in the letter for each Emission Modification Category. A copy of the Owner/Lessee letter for the EMC subject to this FAQ is attached.
What types of repairs or replacements are needed?
How long does this Emission Modification take?
Replacement time is dependent upon the model and model year. This time may range from 30 minutes to a maximum of 6 hours. Details are provided in the Owner/Lessee notification letter.
What if vehicles have been modified using after-market parts and/or software? Can the Emission Modification still be performed?
If, prior to receiving the Emission Modification, the vehicle has been modified in a manner that impedes the installation of the AEM or substantially affects the operation of the AEM after install (for example, removal of original emissions components not part of the AEM), dealers might not be able to perform the Emission Modification until the prior modifications are corrected. The Owners/Lessees would be responsible for such corrections. Once corrected, the vehicle may receive the Emission Modification.
What if Owners or Lessees decline to have the Emission Modification performed?
If Owners/Lessees decline the Emission Modification at this time, they will be advised by their authorized MercedesBenz Dealer that certain emissions-related replacement and repair parts (for their existing system) may no longer be available from Mercedes-Benz at some point in the future. Additionally, the current vehicle Owner/Lessee will not be able to make a compensation claim as part of the proposed class action settlement without first having the Emission Modification performed on their vehicle.
Will eligible vehicles have any warranty on the Emission Modification?
Yes. Once the Emission Modification is performed, certain components will have an extended warranty for the greater of 4 years/48,000 miles from the date of installation of the Emission Modification or 10 years/120,000 miles from the initial sale date of the vehicle. As described in the Customer Letter, some emission-related components have an additional extended warranty period, which is added to the applicable Extended Modification Warranty period above. This extended warranty remains with the vehicle and is fully transferable to subsequent owners until expiration. Where loaner vehicles are available, Dealers are requested to offer loaner vehicles to each Eligible Owner and Eligible Lessee at no cost where extended warranty repairs exceed three hours to complete.
Can Owners or Lessees be denied coverage under the Extended Warranty for the Emission Modification? The Extended Warranty for the Emission Modification may be denied if an eligible vehicle has been altered with the use of any after-market emissions-related components, parts, and/or software, or with the removal of any original emissions-related components, parts, and/or software, and such alteration(s) are likely to substantially affect the operation of the vehicle with the Emission Modifications, until the owner of such vehicle, at his or her expense, has reversed the alteration(s) such that the Emission Modification will not be substantially affected.
Campaign No. 2020050005 March 2021
|TO:||ALL MERCEDES-BENZ CENTERS|
|SUBJECT:||Model GLK-Class diesel vehicles (X204 platform)
Model Year 2014 – 2015
Modification to the emission control system
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (“MBUSA”) is performing an emission campaign on certain GLK diesel vehicles in order to modify to the vehicles’ emission control system. EPA and CARB have approved this emission modification for the MY14 – 15 GLK-Class (X204) diesel vehicles. An authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer will replace certain emission control system components and update certain software in the affected vehicles at no cost to the owner of the vehicle.
Prior to performing this Emission Campaign:
- Please check VMI to determine if the vehicle is involved in the emission modification campaign and if it has been previously Always Check VMI for any open campaigns, and perform accordingly.
- Please review the entire Emission Campaign bulletin and follow the repair procedure exactly as described.
Approximately 7,786 vehicles are involved.
Order No. P-EC-2020050005
Scope of Work:
- Initial Short Test and Pre-Inspection
- Disconnect Battery Ground
- Replace Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)
- Install end-cap to O2 sensor electrical harness
- Install Plug for O2 sensor port on the DOC
- Remove lower engine compartment trim
- Replace NOx sensor and Particulate sensor control units downstream of the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) catalyst
- Loosen the wheel arch fairing and Replace NOx sensor control unit after the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)
- Replace DPF
- Replace SCR
- Connect ground
- Connect XENTRY diagnosis
- Perform Xentry Procedure: Service Measure “Exhaust Aftertreatment System” (includes update of CDI, VGS, and SCR software)
- Perform Final Short Test
- Attach the adhesive label
- Initial Short Test and Initial Pre-Inspection
1.2 Connect XENTRY diagnosis.
- Use DAS/Xentry 09/20 with all associated patches or higher. Follow the steps exactly as described in DAS/Xentry.
- Connect battery charger (battery voltage >12.5V).
- Ensure all electrical consumers are switched-off.
- In the event of software/SCN update issues, contact Star Diagnosis User Help Desk. Please refer to the “pre-call” check list before contacting UHD
- Refer to Star Diagnosis System (SDS) Best Practices Guide.
1.3 Perform Pre-Inspection
Follow the Xentry procedure “Emission Modification Pre-Inspection”: “Control units view → N3/9 – Motor electronics ‘CR42’ for combustion engine ‘OM651 (CDI) → Special procedures Service Measure “Exhaust aftertreatment system” → Pre-Inspection
Record findings on workorder and save to paperless
Note: goal of the pre-inspection process is to perform an inspection of the emission system and ensure all components are present and functioning correctly (Check engine light “CEL” ON/OFF). The pre-inspection consists of the following procedures as displayed in the below flowchart:
- Visual inspection of the emissions system to check for non-compliant alterations to the emission system that impedes the installation of the AEM or substantially effects the operation of the AEM after installation. This consists of a brief visual inspection and does not require a technician to confirm if components are operating correctly. (Example: missing emission system components not replaced as part of the AEM)
- If an alteration has been found during the visual inspection that meet the criteria mentioned in point 1, please advise the customer these alterations must be reversed at their expense before to proceed with the AEM. Please follow the below process to submit a warranty claim for the time associated to diagnosis and provide an estimate to the customer.
Warranty Documentation Process:
- Claim against damage code 4910N 01 – Approved Emission Modification Denial
- Up to 2 hours of diagnostic time permitted
- Ensure diagnostic time is properly punched on the RO
- Ensure RO is documented properly including a detailed explanation as to why the modification was denied
- Attach the RO to the warranty claim
- Initial Short Test to check for CEL ON/OFF: Pre-existing issues (CEL ON) may be addressed at the time of AEM install if the components diagnosed are part of the AEM or extended warranty. For all other components, please provide a customer a repair estimate and document if the customer approves/declines the additional repair(s). It is essential the AEM is installed regardless if the customer approves/declines additional repairs to address a pre-existing issue. A list of applicable extended warranty parts is available in Xentry for the technician to refer to.
1.4 Pre-Inspection Overview (Figure 1)
1.5 Disconect XENTRY diagnosis and remove battery charger
- Disconnect battery ground (AR54.10-P-0003CW).
- Replace DOC (AR49.10-P-5500OMD).
Engine control unit does not have to be removed from the air filter housing.
Installation: When reinstalling exhaust components, leave the mounting hardware loose until all exhaust components are in place. This will allow for flexibility when fitting the components together.
- Install the electrical end-cap (A 000 545 40 39) (Figure 3) to the engine harness for the oxygen sensor. The electrical connection of the oxygen sensor is no longer required!
- Install the plug (N 007 604 018 109) and seal (A 021 997 62 45) on the new DOC ( 50, Figure 4).
Oxygen sensor is no longer required!
Plug does not have to be lubricated with paste
Figure 3 & Figure 4
- Remove the lower engine compartment trim (middle and rear). Basic data see 20-P-1105CY.
Only loosen the rear underbody panelling (right and left) (Figure 5). Loosen inner plastic nuts (1, Figure 5) to do this.
- Release the NOx sensor (A, Figure 5) and particulate sensor (B, Figure 5) control units downstream of the SCR on the underbody (AR14.40-P-2038CD). The NOx sensor and particulate sensor control units will be replaced.
To do so, push the underfloor paneling downward slightly (Figure 5).
The NOx sensor and particulate sensor does not have to be removed from the old exhaust pipe.
The new sensors are already equipped with paste, hot lubrication.
The pigtail wire at NOx sensor should be cut for ease of removal and to ensure it is not reused.
- Loosen the wheel arch fairing on the lower right in order to remove the NOx sensor control unit for the NOx sensor (C, Figure 6) after DPF (AR14.40-P-2038CD). The NOx sensor is replaced.
- Replace DPF (AR14.40-P-1000OMD).
If necessary, use old screw from the DPF clamp (which is longer) as an aid when reinstalling the new DPF clamp.
Cut the pigtail wire at oxygen sensor for ease of removal and to ensure it is not reused.
- Replace SCR (AR49.10-P-7100CWI).
Disconnect the exhaust system at the rear separation point before the muffler. The muffler must not be removed.
When reinstalling exhaust components leave the mounting hardware loose until all the exhaust components are in place. This will allow for flexibility when fitting the components together.
- Reconnect battery ground (AR54.10-P-0003CW).
- Connect XENTRY diagnosis. Update of the control units
- Use DAS/Xentry 09/20 with all associated patches or higher.
- Follow the steps exactly as described in DAS/Xentry.
- Connect battery charger (battery voltage >12.5V).
- Ensure all electrical consumers are switched-off.
- In the event of software/SCN update issues, contact Star Diagnosis User Help Desk. Please refer to the “precall” check list before contacting UHD
- Refer to Star Diagnosis System (SDS) Best Practices Guide.
- Perform Xentry procedure “Service Measure Exhaust Aftertreatment System”
To do so, select menu item “Control units view → N3/9 – Motor electronics ‘CR42’ for combustion engine ‘OM651 (CDI) → Special procedures → Service Measure “Exhaust aftertreatment system” → Perform Service Measure “Exhaust aftertreatment system”
Subsequently, follow the user steps in XENTRY diagnosis.
Additional control units will be updated automatically in the background.
Fill out emission label according to Xentry instructions
Check screen will be shown at end of procedure.
- Perform a final quick test and transmit to paperless SDS.
Faults stored in the memory, caused by disconnected lines during the inspections, must be deleted from the fault memory after completing the work.
If faults are present they need to be addressed. Create a PTSS case if technical support is needed.
- Clean the bonding surface of the hood and attach the adhesive label (Figure 12).
The fields on the adhesive label must be filled out correctly. Please use black permanent marker. Refer to (Figure 10) within the Xentry procedure
Failure to comply may result in dealer debit and/or possible fines.
Primary Parts Information
|Qty.||Part Name||Part Number|
|1||Part set (DPF)||A 204 490 04 00 85|
|1||Part kit (DOC)||A 204 490 05 00 85|
|1||SCR catalytic converter||A 204 490 01 00 80|
|1||Part kit (2 x NOX sensors, 1 PM sensor)||A 204 905 46 05 85|
|1||AEM Label (code 804/805)||A 000 584 96 13|
|1||Screw plug||N 007 604 018 109|
|1||Sectional sealing ring||A 021 997 62 45|
|1||Connector housing||A 000 545 40 39|
Small parts such as screws, stop nuts, sealing rings, cable ties, liquids, sealants, etc. that are not listed in the parts list. The small parts required (per WIS instruction) are included in the cost and can be claimed.
Operation: Replace electrohydraulic control unit and components of the exhaust system
Includes: Carry out commissioning the Control units (CDI VGS, SCR) with XENTRY and affix AEM Label.
|Damage Code||Operation Number||Labor Time (hrs.)|
Note Operation labor times are subject to change
Modification to the emission control system
Model GLK-Class diesel vehicles (X204 platform)
Model Year 2014 – 2015
Modification to the emission control system
Model GLK-Class diesel vehicles (X204 platform)
Model Year 2014 – 2015
|CarDAQ-Plus – PassThru J2534 Vehicle Reflash Hardware|
|CarDAQ-M Modular PassThru J2534 Vehicle Reflash Hardware|
|VSI J2534 ECU Reprogrammer|
|Autel (AULMF2534) MaxiFlash Pro|
- Windows based PC or laptop*
- J2534 compliant interface box*1*
*Must be purchased from a third party company and are not available from Mercedes-Benz USA LLC.
*1* suggested listing of J2534 interface boxes is located within the J2534 Pass-Thru User’s Manual which is posted for view without cost under the MB Workshop Resources tab on the home page of www.startekinfo.com
J2534 complaint software for Mercedes-Benz vehicles has coverage for all required functions associated to reprogramming, initialization, and fault clearing of emission control modules (engine and transmission) fitted to vehicles 2004 Model Year and newer. Additionally all access and functionality required in regard the configuration via SCN Coding and/or CVN Coding is covered.
- All control unit software (reprogramming calibrations) is contained within J2534 DVD media.
Terms and conditions
J2534 complaint software for Mercedes-Benz vehicles is purchased in 1-year license increments. During that license term the user will receive an initial software package, license key, SCN/CVN Coding information/access as well as monthly updates via DVD media.
- Additional updates of software after the 1st year can be purchased at additional cost, however are not required for the system to continue functioning.
For pricing and additional information via the internet, please refer to the information at the beginning of this section.
- 【High-End Diagnostic Tool for ECU Pro-gramming & Coding:14 Brands】LAUNCH X431 PAD V comes with J2534 protocols,which empowers you to program the blank ECUs,match the components,re-flash the second-hand ECUs,etc.you can perform OE-level diagnosis and pro-gramming for more accurate diagnosis and efficient car repair jobs to win more business!
- 【Online Functions +Flash Hidden Features】this diagnostic tool helps you pass-thru the gateway to access the data for coding.(for 2017 and later Chrysler,Dodge,Jeep,Alfa Romeo and Fiat).Guided Function (for V.A.G) ,step by step to guid you to diagnosis.Make full use of hidden features or disable car’s annoying functions.Offline Coding.Modification for BMW 👍it is designed for any professional mechanics and independent repair shops.save time and effort on repairs.
- 【Topology Map & All System Diagnosis for Deep Inspection】X431 PAD V auto scan tool new-added topology module mapping,it is easy to view the communication structure between modules.you can directly access all system to perform functions,view live data in graph.
- 【50+ Maintence Functions & Full Bi-Directional Control】LAUNCH X431 PAD V car diagnostic tool supports 50+ reset service,like key IMMO,abs bleeding,GEARBOX,Oil Reset,Injector coding, Gear Reset, SAS Reset, TPMS Reset, DPF Reset, BMS Reset, ETS Reset, AFS Reset, EGR Adaptation,etc.it also can perform bi-directional control on all systems,like ABS,fuel pumps,windows,doors,etc.
- 【99% Coverage & Support J2534/DoIP/CAN FD/RP1210 Diagnostic Protocols】LAUNCH X431 PAD V supports API standard Communication Interface,with the VCMI Vehicle Communication Measurement Interface.support D-PDU/J2534/RP1210 Protocols👍LAUNCH X431 PAD V scan tool support PEV ( pure electric vehicle ).👍Heavy Duty Software (need extra buy)diagnose gasoline vehicles & 24V Diesel Trucks/buses/trailers/excavators/construction machinery/pick-up/etc.
- 👍【Works with Autel MK908, MS908(S/Pro), MK908P, MaxiSys Elite】Autel J2534 work with these tools to program ECUs on specific BMW/ BENZ for specific functions. ★★NOTE: J2534 CANNOT directly work with these single devices. After you received the J2534, you HAVE TO send us both the S/N(12 digits) of your tablet MS908S(etc.) and J2534. So, technically, Autel engineers can help you bind J2534 with your devices. If need any supports, contact us via: 🚘auteldirect @ outlook. com🚘 !
- 👍Fully compatible with both SAE J2534-1 and J2534-2 reprogramming standards and performs standard Pass Thru J2534 functionality. To check compatibility, please contact🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 directly for satisfaction-guaranteed support!
- 👍Compatible with Toyota Techstream, Volvo VIDA, Honda HDS, Jaguar-Land Rover IDS and BMW 3G for OEM diagnostics. To check compatibility, please contact 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 directly for satisfaction-guaranteed support!
- 👍Built-In Wireless with advanced networking functions and data storage. Fast performance ensures reprogramming even the newest controllers & Internet upgradable and updatable.
- 👍Attention: 1. After you ordered and received the J2534, please send us both of the S/N(12 digits, at the back of the device) of the J2534 and your MK908(P) /MS908S (Pro)/ Maxisys Elite to us to bind the two device together. 2. The functions are NOT universally compatible. Please send VIN number to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 to check compatibility before your order.
- 👍【2022 Newest Updates: AutoAuth Access & Cloud Service】Two long-awaited features for old customers!✅(Since June 2022)Autel original MS908S Pro scanner supports "AutoAuth" gateway access on 2018 and newer Fiat Chrysler vehicles, such as Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, etc, still growing. ✅(Support Cloud Report Management, you can upload diagnostic reports to Autel Cloud and share reports with your customers through QR Code/email/text message easily, and they can view the reports anytime.
- 👍【A Must for Garage and Workshop】If you need to program Benz/BMW, Autel MS908S Pro scanner is definitely an expert, this is what it does best! MS908S Pro is a mature product that has been tested and approved by workshops across US. Besides ECU Programming for Benz/BWM, MS908S Pro can perform ECU Coding, Active Tests, 36+ Services, All System Diagnostic, FCA “AutoAuth” Access, etc.🚦📢👉 Note: MS908S Pro is for North & South America only and supports English only.
- 👍【One-Stop ECU Programming for BENZ/ BMW】Coming with J2534 ECU programming device, Autel MS908S Pro is competent for ECU programming and ECU coding/ adaption. It can program blank ECU, adapt existed ECU, match components, reflash second-hand ECU, unlock hidden functions, etc. In order to reduce operational burden, MaxiSys MS908S Pro provides one-stop operation to meet the needs of different experienced technicians, no worries about missing some steps and causing failure.
- 👍【Advanced ECU Coding, Customize your Car】Automotive diagnostic scan tool MS908S Pro features Advanced ECU Coding, so you can use it to customize your car as needed by disabling some unneeded OEM settings (like auto start-stop, chimes, etc), or activating the hidden features pre-programmed to car computer to get high-end functions (like US-style daytime light, auto door look at a particular speed, etc).👉Compatible with BWM, VW, Audi, Skoda, etc.
- 👍【OE-level Diagnostic Capability & Guided Function】Auto diagnostic tool MS908S Pro, with J2354 device for BT communication up to 210ft/70m working range, can access all available vehicle modules such as PCM, ECM, TCM, BCM, SCCM, etc, to read codes, clear codes, view live data, perform active tests, etc. Guided functions provides step by step specific guidances to complete some complex service operations. 👉Compatible with VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat, etc.
- 🔥[2022 New Feature - AutoAuth Access] NOW Autel scanner MK908P has full access to protected FCA vehicles! (👉 Updating your device to get this new feature) With an authenticated AutoAuth account, you can bypass SGW module in 2017 & later FCA cars (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, etc.) and perform diagnostics: clear codes, bi-directional functions, active tests, actuation & relearns, even more. *Reach us for details.
- 🎉【ECU Programming +Same Functions as Maxisys Elite】Coming with J2534 ECU reprogramming device, Autel MK908P is competent for ECU programming specific BENZ/ BMW. EXACTLY the same functions as Autel MaxiSys Elite, making itself the most cost-effective high-end diagnostic scanner in Autel product line. Also upgraded of MS908S Pro, Autel MK908P auto scanner enjoys superior configuration, serves 13 languages with no IP restrictions (MS908S Pro ONLY supports English).
- 🎉【Online Coding + Active Test】There is online coding for VW, Audi, Porsche, Benz, BMW. Online configuration for Renault is unique among diagnostic industries. Besides, Autel MK908P features Bi-Directional Control (Active Test) to request information or command an actuator to perform specific tests, like cycling the a/c clutch on and off, perform an evaporative emissions leak test and more tests to solve the specific repairing work.
- 🎉【All-system Diagnose + 36 Service Functions】Provided with full-systems diagnosis (ABS, SRS, Engine, Transmission, Brake System, Emission System, Fuel system, Light system, Wiper System, etc.). MaxiSys Pro MK908P also offers another 36+ service functions to help your repairing work faster, easier, and more professional. These service functions include immo keys/throttle/injecor coding/trans adaption/suspension/tyre retrofit/DPF/brake bleed/oil reset and more.
- 🎉【Common + Luxury Car Makes Coverage】MK908P is designed for repairing store, thus it enjoys extensive coverage for almost all car makes. Firstly, it has a wide range of compatibility for over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Besides, you have access to the newest model with fast-release software update. Moreover, There are basic diagnostic functions and most service / special functions compatible with Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin and Maserati etc.
- 🚗【Same as MaxiSys Elite, No IP Restriction】: Covering 99% of the vehicle models from 1996 to 2022. Based on the MS908S Pro, Autel MK908P diagnostic scan tool enjoys superior hardware configuration, serves 13 languages with no IP restrictions (MS908S Pro ONLY supports English) Lifetime after-sales service and professional technology support have no difference from offline retail version. Feel free to message us with any problems. Present battery tester as a gift (worth 49 bucks).
- 🚗【ECU Programming & Coding, Guru for Local Smith】: To broaden vehicle business and increase your revenue, the Autel scanner MK908P assigns advanced ECU programming and coding to 1) customize your car, 2) unfold the hidden features, 3) disable the annoying functions to improve car performance, but also reprogram the adaptive data to certain components after repairs or replacements. The specific operation varies by model.
- 🚗【36+ Service Functions, Best for Repair Shops】: Designed for large-scale garages and equipped with 36+ repair functions, Autel MK908P covers 99% of cars in the market. This make it the most valuable scanner to serve as many cars as possible in your shop. The 36+ functions include Oil Reset, TPMS, ABS Bleeding, EPB, SAS, Injector Coding, BMS, Suspension, etc. Please be noted MK908P programming tool will always keep pace with newer functions and continuous upgrading, never out of date.
- 🚗【High-end Online Functions, OE-level Auto Scanner】: MK908P diagnostic tool explores all the systems and scans hidden DTCs. For quickly locating the fault, active test sends commands directly to vehicle modules to perform specific tests on windows, sunroofs, wipers, relays, injectors, and actuators, etc. Newly launched online functions obtain the online data from the server like online account login service for VW, Audi, Skoda; online configuration for Renault; online coding for Porsche; etc.
- 🚗【Top-end Configuration, Ultra-Fast Speed】: Same functions with MaxiSys Elite, but configured with 2G+64G memory Hexa-core processor, 10.1” screen, and 15000mAh battery to accelerate diagnostics and repair. 2022 MK908P diagnostic scanner offers more to expand the market and raise income for example power balance for Ford, Chrysler, GM; personalization for VW, Audi, Toyota; guided functions for VW, Audi, Skoda; etc.
- 🚩🚩【2 YEARS FREE UPDATE, SAVING $1295 than Maxisys Elite II】Autel Maxisys Elite, more advanced than MS908S Pro & MK908P, but costs much less due to its extended 2 YEARS subscription-free updates; also is almost the same function-wise as Autel scanner Ultra yet more budget-friendly: J2534 ECU Programming & Coding, 10,000+ Car Models Coverage (include Luxury cars), 38+ Hot Functions, Active Tests, Autel Cloud, Repair Data, Remote Expert … aimed at professionals with tons of pro features to match.
- 🚩🚩【J2534 ECU PROGRAMMING, SAME AS MS909/MS919/Ultra】As one of the few Autel scan tools that are designed with a fully-compliant SAE J2534-1/-2 MaxiFlash box, this diagnostic scanner supports Online ECU Programming for all-chassis Benz/BMW users to upgrade the existing software/firmware (till July 2019); ECU Programming for any vehicle with J2534 protocol (manufacturer’s software required); and Online Coding for VW/Audi, Seat, Porsche, Renault, etc. It also allows Online SCN for Benz.
- 🚩🚩【38+ HOT FUNCTIONS, Advanced than MS908SP/MK908P】This professional OBD2 scanner is loaded with 38+ service functions being a one-stop solution to meet ALL your needs for various scheduled repairs or maintenance. It includes Oil, SAS, EPB, TPMS Reset, Injector Coding, SAS, Bleeding, DPF, Battery, Throttle & Anti-theft Matching plus many more that are super beneficial and can be updated constantly with more functions and wider car coverage. *Menus vary by vehicle specifics.
- 🚩🚩【WIDE COMPATIBILITY RATES】Covering 80+ car brands, 150+ makes, 10000+ models, this Autel diagnostic tool’s vehicle coverage will continue to grow with simple internet-ready updates accessible to you via WiFi, and we highly recommend its registration upon the purchase to get 2 YEARS of subscription-free upgrade. More, thanks to the MaxiFix platform with cloud-based Remote Expert, you can ask for help from peers and experienced experts online to fix complex issues even programming or coding.
- 🚩🚩【SUPERIOR HARDWARE, UPGRATED Ver. of MK908P/MS908S Pro】 This 2022 version Autel scanner Elite boasts a 9.7” retina display (2048*1536) as an iPad; quad-core 1.8GHz NVIDIA’s Tegra running 3X faster than competitors under its Android KitKat 4.4; and a set of solid hardware including USB3.0/2.4 & 5GHz Dual WLAN/BT/HDMI/Ethernet Connection; 15400mAh Battery; 8M Rear/2M Front Camera to maximize diagnostic convenience; along with one-stop multitasking to keep intertwined procedures well organized.
- 👍【Advanced Diagnostic Scanner for ECU Programming】 : Autel MK908P has been designed to perform some of the most complicated engine diagnostics and reprogramming in BMW and Mercedes Benz. With the jbox/J2534 VCI or BMW Ethernet Cable, you can edit the cars performance data, like adjusting RPM, fuel injection, etc. A professional car diagnostics scanner to save time/effort on repairs. Form some of the most complicated engine diagnostics and reprogramming in BMW and Mercedes Benz.
- 👍【2022 Newest, 36+ Special Functions 】As 2022 newest professional diagnostic tool, Autel MaxiSys MS908S Pro +MV108 auto scanner can perform 30+ most useful service & special functions like Oil Reset, SAS Calibration, SRS, EPB, DPF Regeneration, Battery Registration, ABS bleed, Injector Coding, Key Fob Coding(add new keys) etc. NOTE: All service & Special functions are NOT universally compatible.
- 👍【Bi-Directional Control & Broad Vehicle Coverage】 Autel MK908P is an advanced bi-directional scan tool that can access and scan all available systems on 80+ makes and models to perform OE level diagnostics that are previously available to dealership tools only to read and clear codes, view live data, perform active tests/component tests to control various components/parts like fuel pump, cylinder, valves, abs motor, wipers, car windows, doors, sunroofs to test its functionality.
- 👍【Easy to Operate】 : The MK908P hardware can equal to a best rank android tablet in the market and that made the whole diagnostic procedure more quickly and precisely. Maxisys platform, cloud-based Maxisys provide a large amount of data about the diagnosis and repair advices, that’s really helpful, whenever you encounter problems, you can find solutions from it.
- 👍【Compatible with Some Add-ons】 : Combination with Oscilloscope Maxi Scope MP408 and Digital Inspection Cameras MV108, the power of this tool is amazing and the detail you receive about every component of the vehicle makes pinpointing a problem painless. Affordable combination of MS908P and TS601 supports TPMS programming, which turns into a powerful diagnostic tool.
- 🔝【INTELLIGENT DIAGNOSTICS ONLY TAP UPDATE ICON TO V2.42 VER., VALUE $1500+】Just upgrade software to V2.42 ver, intelligent diagnostics will in your hand. Same as MS Ultra, Autel scanner MaxiSys Elite II has intelligent diagnostics feature to simply diagnosis process. After scan vehicle ECU, Autel Elite II will array error codes in priority, instruct the technician get accurate diagnosis referring to TSB, Repair Assist, Repair Tips, Relevant Cases. Note: it doesn't support topology map.
- 🥇【2022 NEWEST VERSION, 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐄 $380 THAN ELITE】Same as MS909, Upgrade of MS908S PRO/ MK908P/ MK908/ MS908/ MaxiSys Elite, Autel Elite II with amazing highlight features: intelligent diagnostics(same as MS Ultra), ECU Programming & Online Coding & Offline Adaptation, 38+ Services, Active Test, etc. New added special functions as follows: McLaren/Tesla diagnosis, Oscilloscope, Battery Test(need BT506), MaxiFix Cloud Service, Autel Cloud Reports, Remote Expert, etc.
- 🥇【ECU PROGRAMMING ON BENZ&BMW + J2534(VALUE $1099)】Autel Elite II performs same ECU programming as MaxiSys Ultra MS919 MS909, which supports replace existing software/ firmware, reprogramming component control modules after replacement, solve fuel efficiency/power loss/durability issues etc. For Benz & BMW, Autel Elite II will go into ECU modules execute "Programming➞Backup-Restroration" or "Initial start up➞Control module replacement" operations to renew/upgrade latest vehicles software.
- 🥇【ECU ONLINE CODING, ECU OFFLINE ADAPTION】Autel Elite II automotive diagnostics scan tool has powerful ECU Online Coding for refreshing hidden function, forbid annoying features, customize OE-settings, match/learn/code newly replaced ECU for 99% vehicles for Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Honda, Chrysler, VW, GM, etc. ECU Offline adaptive programming is also embedded into Autel Elite II for Ford Mazda Jaguar Vaxhall Opel, etc. Please send VIN to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 to check compatibility.
- 📢📢【2022 NEW ADDED 10+ HIGH-END FUNCTIONS】Upgrade of Autel Elite, 2022 new version Autel MaxiSys Elite II has added more functions, such as ➊Online Parameterization, ➋VAG Guided Functions, ➌MaxiFix cloud service, ➍Component Matching, ➎Full Battery Test (need BT506), ➏WIFI Printer(Previously only available on MS909 MS919 Ultra), ➐Autel Cloud Reports to saving Storage Space speeding diagnose, ➑MV108/MV105/MP408 compatible, ➒Pre&Post Scan,➓Remote Desk, etc.
- VCX is designed on the basis of the latest automotive international standards so that it can support many professional automotive diagnostic applications
- WIFI Version VXDIAG VCX Nano compatible for TOYOTA and Lexus, support both USB connection and WIFI connection, support latest version software, Compatible with varieties protocols. can be very easy to connect various automotive bus to a PC
- OS support both WINDOWS XP and Windows 7, Software support multi-languages: Chinese, English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, ec
- You can download the vxmanager online, if you have any license problem please send us the serial number to extend the license
- One year warranty. Please contact us via order center if you have any problem with software installation
- 👍 [J2534 Programming and Coding]: The Autel MK908P has featured both SAE J2534-1 and J2534-2 reprogramming standards, which means it allows you to reprogram emissions-related controllers and, in some cases, diagnose vehicles with factory functionality. Compare with Autel Elite and other tablet scanners, the MK908P has a higher cost performance. Enter the discount code I4TIHS55 and you can get an additional MV105.
- 👍 [Active Test]: The Active Tests, also known as Bi-directional control, empowers you to command the ECUs to perform in-depth tests in specific systems and helps you track down the problems. E.g., the MK908P can work as a controller to roll up and down the windows and help you locate whether the problem is with window controllers or window motors. Note: Enter the discount code I4TIHS55 and you can get an additional MV105.
- 👍 [30+ Special Function & Full-System Diagnosis]: The Full-System Diagnosis supports you in diving into each individual system and finding out the problems without missing out any tiny details. Here are the systems that MK908P can pay a visit: Engine, Transmission, Airbag, ABS, ESP, TPMS, Immobilizer, etc. More than 30+ functions have been packed on MK908P to help you deal with various types of issues. Such as oil reset, EPB, TPMS, BMS, brake bleeding, IMMO, SAS, DPF, etc.
- 👍 [Worldwide Vehicle Coverage]: The MK908P is tailored for workshops and pro mechs to help you with the business you build with your bare hands. The worldwide vehicle coverage gives you the confidence to face a variety of vehicle models and brands. It has compatible with most Asian, EU, and US brands. With later updates, it will also support you to run thorough diagnostic on many luxury brands such as Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, etc.
- 👍 [Solid Hardware]: The solid hardware will never drop the ball. Android 4.4 OS, hexa-core processor, KitKat OS, 2GB RAM and 64GB ROM, 10.1" LED screen, 20+ adapters and cables. As for the warranty, we would stick to the old rules, 1 year free update, 12 months warranty, 30 days free refund, 24 hours after-sales service. Please feel free to come to us via e-mail: [email protected]
Last update on 2022-07-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.