March 18, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V156000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V156
Manufacturer Daimler Vans USA, LLC
Potential Number of Units Affected 332
Daimler Vans USA, LLC (DVUSA) is recalling certain 2018-2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Freightliner Sprinter vehicles. The spare tire label indicating the maximum speed may have not been affixed to the spare tire.
DVUSA will notify owners, and Mercedes-Benz or Freightliner Sprinter dealers will attach the speed limitation label on the spare wheel, free of charge. The recall began May 15, 2020. Owners may contact DVUSA customer service at 1-877-762-8267. DVUSA’s number for this recall is VS3BEGREPP.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
|TO: Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner Dealer Principals, General Managers, Sales Managers, Service Managers, Parts Managers||FROM: Anthony Washington, Department Manager, Regulations and Certifications|
|RE: Recall Campaign Notification
Model 907 (Sprinter)
Model Years 2019
Missing Speed Information Label
|DATE: May 14, 2020|
IMPORTANT CAMPAIGN INFORMATION
|Campaign||Campaign Desc. :||Missing Speed Information Label|
|This is to notify you of the upcoming Recall Campaign concerning the missing speed information label on approximately 332 MY19 Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner Sprinter vans. The recall campaign will be visible on the www.safercar.gov website and may generate questions from customers. All affected VINs will be flagged as “Open” in VMI.|
|Issue||Mercedes-Benz AG (“MBAG”), the manufacturer of Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner vans, has determined that on certain Sprinter vehicles from platform 907 (VS30), the information label indicating the maximum speed was not affixed to the spare wheel. Without the label, an operator could operate the vehicle in excess of the spare wheel’s maximum speed, increasing the risk of a crash.|
|What We’re Doing||An authorized Mercedes-Benz or Freightliner Sprinter dealer will attach the speed limitation label on the spare wheel.|
|Parts||Parts are available.|
|Vehicle Model Year(s)||Model Year 2019|
|Vehicle Model||Sprinter, VS30 / Platform 907|
|Given this notice, it is a violation of Federal Law for a dealer to sell or lease any new MY19 Sprinter vehicles in dealer inventory covered by this notification until the vehicle has been repaired.
Loaner and demonstrator vehicles may continue to be driven, but must not be retailed until repaired.
Additionally, given this notice, it is a violation of Federal Law for rental companies to rent new MY19 Sprinter vehicles covered by this notification until the vehicle has been repaired.
|Customer Notification Timeline||An owner notification letter will be mailed in mid May, 2020.|
|AOMS/SOMS||AOMs – This recall may generate questions from your dealers. Please forward this notice to your dealers ASAP.|
|Rental Fleet Partners||This recall may affect vehicles in your fleet. Please contact your respective DVUSA fleet representative for further information and next steps. For repairs, please contact your preferred DVUSA dealer.|
|While we regret any inconvenience this may cause, we are determined to maintain a high level of vehicle quality and customer satisfaction.|
Campaign No. 2020040013, May 2020
|TO:||ALL MERCEDES-BENZ CENTERS|
|SUBJECT:||Model 907 (Sprinter), Model Year 2019
Missing Speed Information Label
Mercedes-Benz AG (“MBAG”), the manufacturer of Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner vans, has determined that on certain Sprinter vehicles from platform 907 (VS30), the information label indicating the maximum speed was not affixed to the spare wheel.
Without the label, an operator could operate the vehicle in excess of the spare wheel’s maximum speed, increasing the risk of a crash. An authorized Mercedes-Benz or Freightliner Sprinter dealer will attach the speed limitation label on the spare wheel.
Prior to performing this Recall Campaign:
- Please check VMI to determine if the vehicle is involved in the Campaign and if it has been previouslyrepaired.
- Please review the entire Recall Campaign bulletin and follow the repair procedure exactly as
Please note that Recall Campaigns do not expire and may also be performed on a vehicle with a vehicle status indicator.
Approximately 332 vehicles are involved.
Order No. V-RC-2020040013
Operation no. of the operation texts or standard texts and flat rates
|Op. no.||Operation text||Time||Acc. no.|
|02 1767||Operations: Check information label on spare wheel||0.2h||58 917 61 7|
|02 1768||Operations: Retrofit information label on spare wheel (after check)||0.1h||58 917 61 7|
1 Information label
(MAX 34 mph)
|Danger||Risk of death caused by vehicle slipping or toppling off of the lifting platform.||Align vehicle between vehicle lift columns and position the four support plates at the vehicle lift support points specified by the vehicle manufacturer.||AS00.00-Z-0010-01A|
|Topical note||Information on tires / rims||AH40.10-P-9411-01A|
|Topical note||General information on rim / tire conversions||AH40.10-P-1050-01A|
|1||Check, whether the vehicle is affected by the measure.||Only the entry in the “Extended VEGA Application” (EVA) system in the “Current” tab is decisive for authorized Mercedes-Benz service partners. An additional test of the affected vehicles in the workshop information system (WIS) or vehicle list is thereby not necessary.|
|Topical note||Special instructions for lifting and supporting vehicle||AH00.60-N-0100-01TS
|3||Check whether information label (1) is present on spare wheel.||If information label (1) is present,
Lower vehicle and end measure. If information label (1) is not present,
continue with operation step 4.
|4||Retrofit information label (1).||Bonding surface must be absolutely free of dust and grease.
Otherwise, a sufficient degree of adhesion cannot be assured.
To do so, stick information label (1), as shown, onto spare wheel.
Parts ordering note
|A 906 584 50 12||Speed limit information label||1|
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL #2020040013
This notice applies to your vehicle, VIN:
Speed Limitation Label
NHTSA Recall #20V156
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
Mercedes-Benz AG (“MBAG”), the manufacturer of Mercedes-Benz vehicles, has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain Model Year 2019 Sprinter vehicles. Our records indicate that your vehicle is included in the affected population of vehicles.
|What is the CONCERN?||MBAG determined that on certain Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans, the information label indicating the maximum speed was not affixed to the spare wheel. Without the label, an operator could operate the vehicle in excess of the spare wheel’s maximum speed, increasing the risk of a crash.|
|What will your DEALER DO?||An authorized Mercedes-Benz Sprinter dealer will attach the speed limitation label on the spare wheel. This service will be provided free of charge. We are dedicated to always delivering the best customer experience, and respect for your time is a top priority. While the minimum repair time can be up to approximately 30
minutes, your dealer can provide you with a better estimate of the overall time for this service visit. As a matter of normal service process, an authorized Mercedes-Benz Sprinter dealer will also check for other repair measures which might be applicable to your vehicle and this may increase the required working time.
|What should YOU DO?||For additional information and to schedule an appointment, please contact your preferred authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer at your earliest convenience. To locate authorized dealers see
www.mbvans.com/sprinter/shopping-tools/find-a-dealer. Please mention you are scheduling an appointment to attach the speed limitation label on the spare wheel under Recall Campaign # 2020040013.
You may be asked for your 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) which for your convenience is located above your name at the top of this letter.
|Information for Owners||In the event that you are no longer the vehicle owner, or have had a change of address, please complete the reverse side and return the updated information in the enclosed envelope.
If this is a leased vehicle and the lessor and registered owner receive this notice, please forward this information by first class mail to the lessee within 10 business days to comply with Federal Regulations.
|To find the most convenient authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer from your smartphone, scan the QR code to the left.|
A VIN-based recall lookup tool on our MBVans.com website now offers a search feature that will indicate whether a vehicle has been subject to a safety recall, and whether that vehicle has had the free remedy performed. See www.mbvans.com/sprinter/owners-resources/recall. Should you have any questions or encounter any difficulty regarding this Recall Campaign, please contact an authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer. If for any reason a dealer is unable to remedy your situation, we are always happy to hear from you. Please contact us at 1-(800) FOR-MERCEDES (1-800-367-6372).
If an authorized Mercedes-Benz Sprinter dealer for any reason is unable to remedy the situation without charge, or within a reasonable amount of time, pursuant to law 49 U.S.C. Chapter 301, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E., Washington, D.C. 20590 or call the toll-free Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153); or go to https://www.safercar.gov.
We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may cause you.
If for any reason YOU NO LONGER OWN THIS VEHICLE OR have a CHANGE OF ADDRESS, please COMPLETE THE SECTION BELOW, place in the ENCLOSED ENVELOPE, and DROP IN ANY MAIL BOX. If possible, provide the name and address of the present owner so that we may contact them.
Chronology of Defect (too many characters for the recall portal comment box)
MBAG first became aware of a potential issue related to the maximum speed information label for the spare wheel through a notification from its production plant November 2019. The production plant observed a single vehicle without label during its vehicle quality inspections. MBAG conducted a review of all vehicles that remained at the plant and applied the maximum speed label for the spare wheel if one was not present.
Also in November 2019, MBAG launched an investigation of the issue and whether vehicles without the spare wheel label may have moved beyond the production plant. The investigation also considered whether only vehicles from local US part-by-part production were affected or also impacted vehicles produced from semi-knocked-down (SKD) vehicle kits supplied from a German MBAG plant.
The initial results of the investigation in early 2020 confirmed that the potentially affected population from this issue was limited to vehicles from the local US part-by-part production. In the first quarter of 2020, MBAG continued to evaluate the potential effect of the missing maximum speed information to US drivers and, in conjunction with information received from the spare wheel supplier, the potential effects of operating the vehicle with the spare wheel in excess of the maximum speed.
On March 11, 2020, MBAG determined that a safety risk could not be ruled out and decided to initiate a recall campaign.
Around the same time the initial investigation of this matter began, MBAG also became aware of a different potential issue concerning the maximum speed labeling of spare wheels on other Sprinter vehicles. Since the underlying circumstances between these two subjects concerned the same type of labeling, both subjects where analyzed simultaneously.
To date MBAG is not aware of any complaints concerning this matter from the field.
16 Affected Products
9 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)RCMN-20V156-3271
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-20V156-6778
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-20V156-4869
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2020-2RCLQRT-20V156-4877
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-20V156-7416
Miscellaneous Document- Supplemental Chronology
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2020-3RCLQRT-20V156-1580
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2020-4
Latest Recalls Documents
For the Latest and Most Recent Recalls Information Visit the link below…
- ✅ SPECIFICATION - Maximum lifting weight: 1.5 Ton (3,300 lbs). Lift operating distance from 4.13 inches to 15.15 inches. Net weight 5.34 lbs (2.42 kg).
- ✅ SMART MECHANISM - 90% less effort required to lift your vehicle with the innovative ratchet system and 90% less effort required to remove lug nuts with the adjustable lug wrench.
- ✅ FLAT TIRE REPAIR - For any emergency, this Car Jack Kit will help you change your tire fast and easy. With this kit you will not require anything additional.
- ✅ UNIVERSAL - This kit is designed to fit any vehicle: Sedan, Coupe, SUV, MPV, Hatchback, Crossover, Wagon and more.
- ✅ GUARANTEED PURCHASE - We know you have options here, and we know that our quality is superior, so we want to make the best choice the easiest one. That's why we will refund you 100% if you have a single concern about ANYTHING. Just send it back our way for a replacement or full refund! The choice is yours.
- StanceMagic Compact Spare Wheel and Tire Kit For Tesla Model Y (2020+). Includes Wheel, Compact Spare Tire, Scissor Jack, Socket Wrench, and Storage Bag Carrying Case Complete Kit.
- [WHEEL] Cast Aluminum Alloy. Modern 6-spoke design. Designed Specifically for Tesla Model Y, not a Universal wheel. 18x4 Rim 5x114.3 Bolt Pattern 64.1mm Bore. Gloss Black. Cone / Conical Lug Hole Seat. 1518lb / 690kg load rating.
- [TIRE] Size 155/85R18, 28.5" Diameter/Height. DOT 115M Speed Rating / Load Index. For front or rear tire, no spacers needed.
- [TOOLS] Ratcheting Scissor Jack (Rated for 1.5 Tons). Includes Extendable Tire Iron / Lug Wrench. Two Chrome Vanadium Sockets with 17mm 19mm 21mm 22mm Sizes. Large carrying case bag with handle for easy storage and transport.
- Our Spare wheel and tire is the correct size/diameter for Tesla Model Y Spare Tire Kit. This ensures your speed sensors work normally and prevents error codes. Works on vehicles with OE tire sizes: 255/45R19, 255/40R20, 255/35R21, 275/35R21.
- Tire Size: 205/75D15 Load Range: C
- Tire Weight Rating: 1820 Lbs. Max. Pressure: 50 PSI
- Bolt Configuration: 5 Lug 4.5" Center - See diagram for fitment
- Compatible with popular boat trailer brands such as Alumacraft, Continental, Crestliner, Karavan, Lund, Mako, Nitro, Ranger, Regency, River Pro, Sea Ray, Smoker Craft, Stratos, Striper, Sun Tracker, Tahoe, Tracker, Triton, Triumph and Warrior.
- Compatible with popular utility and cargo trailer brands such as Big Tex, Carry-On, E-Z Hauler, FastTrac, Lark United, Miska, Performance Trailers, PJ, Quality Trailers, Remeq, Road Force, Teske, Top Hat, Triple Crown and Wells Cargo.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Cruz, C.L. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 68 Pages - 03/05/2020 (Publication Date) - Amazon Digital Services (Publisher)
- Temporary / Compact Spare
- Model : 5003213
- Package Dimensions : 24.4" L x 7.0" W x 24.4" H
- The package weight is 8.8 Pounds
- Enhanced tread compound and profile provide all-season traction
- Offers drivers a smooth ride with controlled handling
- Deep, lateral shoulder grooves allow for excellent traction throughout the life of the tire
- Smooth ride with controlled handling
- Rim Diameter:15
- Direct replacement - this wheel is designed to match the fit and structural appearance of the original wheel on specific vehicle years, makes and models
- Cost-effective solution - offers original equipment quality and appearance for a competitive price
- Thoroughly tested - dynamic radial testing, radial run-out testing, and axial run-out testing ensures performance
- Trustworthy quality - backed by team of designers and engineers in the United States
- Ensure fit - to make sure this part fits your exact vehicle, input your make, model and trim level into the garage tool
- Ideal replacement - this spare tire jack handle and lug wrench matches the original part on specified vehicles.Fit Type: Vehicle Specific
- Durable construction - made of tough, durable materials and coated with corrosion-resistant finish
- Cost-effective solution - offers original equipment quality at competitive price
- Quality tested - this part has undergone dimensional and material testing to ensure a quality fit and long service life
- Ensure fit - to make sure this part fits your exact vehicle, input your make, model and trim level into the garage tool
- If you have a faulty spare tire hoist assembly, you can't lower the spare when you need to change your tire. The usual cause of this is a rusted or corroded winch cable. The winch is constantly exposed to water, dirt, and salt from the road. Debris can also get jammed inside the winch, jamming it up. Therefore, there is a need to replace your spare tire hoist when it get problem.
- High Quality:This spare tire winch is manufactured to the OE specification to provide factory-fresh appearance and direct-fit, that smoothly lift or lower the spare tyre. No more miserable experience after the improved design of removing secondary latch.our spare tire carrier is crafted from surface-treated reinforce steel for increased corrosion resistance, Provide maximum durability and excellent performance.
- Replace Part Number:924-510, 924510, 15703311, 15866164, 20870067
- Compatible with: 1999-2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 | 2001-2006 Silverado 1500 HD | 1999-2004 Silverado 2500 | 2001-2004 Silverado 2500 HD | 2000 Chevy Suburban 1500 2500, Tahoe | 99-17 GMC Sierra 1500 | 2001-2006 Sierra 1500 HD | 99-04 Sierra 2500 | 01 02 03 04 Sierra 2500 HD | 00 GMC Yukon, XL 1500, XL 2500 | & more
- Service:We offer 1 YEAR warranty.Please use enter your vehicle in your Amazon Garage above to see if this part is compatible with your vehicle.If you have any problems with the products you received, please contact us in time, we will solve the problem within 24 hours.
Last update on 2023-11-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.